[pulseaudio-discuss] Support for audio envelopes

Flavio Ceolin flavio.ceolin at profusion.mobi
Thu Jul 19 10:35:51 PDT 2012

Hi floks,

I'm trying to implement support for audio envelopes on pulse audio and
several doubts come to me. First i've checked that we already had
support for it, but it was removed. So my first doubt is, there were
problems with this code or it was removed just because no one was using ?

For purpose tests, i've re-applied the old code (doing just the necessary
things to compile). So far so good, it was pretty easy. Now i've other
questions:

1) Should evenlopes be applied in source too, or just in the sink ?
2) How an application should use this code, AFAIK this code is not being
   exported.

Besides these points, i would enjoy any kind of tip/idea related with
this subject.

Regards,
Flavio Ceolin