[pulseaudio-discuss] driver

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Jul 27 00:00:15 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 21:51 +0800, grprd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i need implement driver for sound card (virtual). it should provide audio device to applications to use for audio o/p.
> package audio data stream transmit it over network. here audio device ll be in LAN. Driver should capable of detecting it.
> Supporting protocol UPnP / AVB(audio video bridging).
> So my question is pulse audio already support this? if yes how I can use that.

PulseAudio can discover remote sound cards that are published by other
PulseAudio instances in the LAN. PulseAudio uses the mDNS/DNS-SD
protocol for the discovery.

I'm not familiar with AVB (I can't even find anything with google), but
if it's some protocol that you must use, that's not currently supported.