[pulseaudio-discuss] gsoc 2012 status report about logging and testing

rong deng dzrongg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 06:33:43 PDT 2012

Hi list,

This week I've finished the implementation of log category support.
The core part incorporate changes in log.c and log.h, but the most
part of this patch is to add the category definition to each c file.
The interface is quite simple, we just need to add one line similar to
this "#define PA_LOG_CATEGORY_DEFAULT "module-loopback" " at the first
line of the implementation file.

During the implementation, I've also spotted a simple error which
mixed the wrong parameters, and so a patch is cooked and set out for
review.

The next step I would do is to refine the categories' name, and start
using 'gcov' tool to get the coverage of pulseaudio. How to implement
the ring buffer is still undergoing.

-deng