[pulseaudio-discuss] Wiki Migration: Complete

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Mar 7 21:05:13 PST 2012

On 03/07/2012 08:59 PM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just announced here:
>    http://colin.guthr.ie/2012/03/what-sound-does-a-wiki-make/
> that we've now finished migrating the wiki content to the
> freedesktop.org wiki space over at
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio

\o/ Thanks Colin! I guess Lennart will also thank you for increasing the
uptime on his server ;-)

> Please do not edit the old wiki. We'll be putting redirects in place
> shortly that will redirect the old pages to the new ones.
>
> There is obviously a very big job to update the content, pull together
> linking and overview pages and sort out navigation etc. but at least we
> now have the foundations in place :)
>
> Some pages still need to be manually consolidated to the new wiki:
>

> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/BeforeReporting
> ------------------Combine with Troubleshooting?

Or link from Troubleshooting. Still separate topics IMO.

> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/CannedResponses
> ------------------Ensure are part of FAQ?
>
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/DependenciesListDistroSpecific
> ------------------Drop?

For just recompiling PulseAudio, "sudo apt-get build-dep pulseaudio"
will download all necessary -dev packages, however, if you're compiling
a newer PulseAudio (with more dependencies) on an older release, the
information might still be relevant.

> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/DevelopingModulesTOC
> ------------------Combine with
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/Developer
>
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/Incompatibilities
> ------------------Combine with Requirements

Or at least with KnownIncompatibilities...

> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/ModulesTOC
> ------------------Combine with Modules
>
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetupTOC
>
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/TroubleshootingTOC

For these TOC pages, I guess they were those yellow boxes on the right
on some of the pages? It's a nice-to-have but far from necessary - and I
believe moin can autogenerate these using the <<TableOfContents>> tag?
At least it does so on the Ubuntu wiki.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic