[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio on pandaboard problem re-visited..

Feng Wei feng.wei at linaro.org
Tue May 1 19:14:39 PDT 2012

Shawn,
Linaro has its own repository to maintain patched packages, including
UCM, I think you could get alsa-lib and pulseaudio packages there to
make UCM work better.

See https://launchpad.net/~linaro-maintainers/+archive/overlay
And ucm patches on ubuntu needed for alsa-lib and pulseaudio are under
https://code.launchpad.net/~b34248
Because of panda kernel tree evolving quickly, there might be some
incompatibility between linaro releases, make sure you got the matched
packages.

2012/5/2 Shawn Ferris <shawn.ferris at gmail.com>:
>> You might want to get alsa-lib with debug symbols to see if that helps.
>
> I thought that too, but I even took it a step further and enabled
> debugging during the entire rebuild of my rootfs. it looks like it was
> all for not though.. I still get the same meaningless backtrace. Is
> -g2 on the CFLAGS not good enough? I don't understand why I'm not
> getting the debug symbols?!:
>

> D: [pulseaudio] main.c: Compilation CFLAGS:  -pipe -Os -g2
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Wall
> -W -Wextra -Wno-long-long -Wvla -Wno-overlength-strings
> -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations -Wundef -Wformat=2 -Wlogical-op
> -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -Wmissing-include-dirs
> -Wformat-nonliteral -Wpointer-arith -Winit-self
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wredundant-decls -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-noreturn -Wshadow
> -Wendif-labels -Wcast-align -Wstrict-aliasing -Wwrite-strings
> -Wno-unused-parameter -ffast-math -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-common
> -fdiagnostics-show-option

Wei.Feng (irc wei_feng)
Linaro Multimedia Team
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: Facebook | Twitter | Blog