[pulseaudio-discuss] ALC883 no sound from lfe after playback stopped and started

Piotr Szymaniak piotrek_sz at wp.pl
Wed May 9 04:55:26 PDT 2012

I have an apparently uncommon problem with my 5.1 sound setup using
Realtek ALC883 on Asus P5KR.

Occurence: Linux Mint 12 KDE 64bit; Linux Mint Debian Mate (GNOME) 64bit
Update Pack 4 (Update Pack 3 was working properly)
Symptoms: No sound from LFE speaker. If the hardware profile (speakers
setup) of audio device is changed during the playback, LFE comes up.
However, when audio is stopped (no matter if it is Banshee or Totem) and
started again, subwoofer is down. Pausing and playing works fine but
selecting another track doesn't.

I have no idea if it is pulse or alsa problem, but I would gladly
provide more data if anyone would explain how to do so.

Br,
Hollow