[pulseaudio-discuss] arecord from monitor and sink

Amar Akshat amar.akshat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 01:04:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

As we know, pulse recognizes every sound card's source as a source and
a monitor device. We use monitor device to record any activity on that
sound card's source.

However, for a scenario like a sound card used for making a phone
call, and we wish to record the entire ongoing conversation. In that
case we need to capture both the streams, the source and sink. At
first I thought, If I set PULSE_SOURCE as monitor and PULSE_SINK as
the sink of the sound card, and then do
arecord -D default > x.wav,

both channels would be recorded. However that is not happening. Kindly
suggest what is the best way to do it using pulse ?

Thanks

--

Thank you...

Amar Akshat (アマール)

 "Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if
both are frozen."