[pulseaudio-discuss] Philosophical queries

Mike Gran spk121 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 12:09:43 PST 2012

Hello-

Are end-user applications supposed to use the PulseAudio API
directly?

PulseAudio shows up as part of the GNOME SDK in the graphic
on the front page of http://developer.gnome.org/

But, it isn't mentioned in the overview of the Gnome platform
on http://developer.gnome.org/platform-overview/stable/

The API certainly appears usable for end user applications,
but I notice a complete lack of newb questions in this list,
which implies that it isn't being used that way (or that the
docs are flawless. ;-)

For context, I'm writing a toy 8-bit chip-tune soft synth,
just for fun.  I have some questions, but, I don't want to
bore the list with newb questions if I'm supposed to be going
through GStreamer or ALSA API instead.

-Mike Gran