[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio daemon not responging

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Nov 22 13:05:15 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-22 at 20:38 +0200, Stefan Stefanov wrote:
> >http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/11000
> Exactly the same problem as mine.
>
> 1. Build of pulseaudio failed without libpthread-stubs.so with "no
> such file ..."
> 2. I noticed that in crux linux, sem_wait() resides in
> libpthread_stubs.so, and it is found through call to libpthread.so,
> but in my arch linux box there are no libpthread_stubs.so at all. So,
> I think that sem_wait() (in my arch linux box) resides in
> libpthread.so.
>
> Is it possible to upgrate libpthread.so? Which package I must upgrade?
> I cannot just delete libpthread-stubs.so.

libpthread is provided by the libc implementation (eglibc on Debian).
libpthread-stubs is completely separate (developed by the XCB project,
apparently). I don't know how libpthread-stubs works, how it replaces
libpthread in the linking process, so I don't know what could cause
pulseaudio to be linked against libpthread-stubs, and I don't know what
you should do. Maybe ask the XCB developers if they know some common
problems with libpthread-stubs.