[pulseaudio-discuss] a question about audio synchronization between local sink and tunnel sink

Sun, Xiaodong xisun at qca.qualcomm.com
Wed Oct 10 13:45:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a pulseaudio daemon running on one PC (with my music songs stored and played on this PC, let's call it PC-1). And then I setup another PC (let's call it PC-2) running pulseaudio daemon on it and enabled native TCP protocol. Then I configured (by using pacmd) PC-1 pulseaudio to load a tunnel sink pointing to PC-2, and then loaded a combine sink which combines PC-2 tunnel sink and PC-1 local analog audio sink. Now I can hear audio from both PC-1 and PC-2 at the same time. But the audio playing are not synchronized between PC-1 and PC-2. There is a delay on PC-2 comparing with PC-1.

Now my question is, is pulseaudio designed for synchronized playback between local sink and tunnel sink? If yes, what kinds of parameters should I tune?

Thanks!

Xiaodong