[pulseaudio-discuss] [pulseaudio] error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not found.

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Oct 23 02:36:20 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 00:12 -0700, Dongjiu Geng wrote:
> HI all:
>     when I build the pulseaudio with alsa-lib,  the error log is
>       "checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.24... not present.
>        configure: error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not found."
>     could you help me about this bug?  Thank you very much.

Either your alsa-lib version is too old in the build environment (you're
doing cross-compilation, right?) or the alsa-lib pkg-config file doesn't
exist where pkg-config is looking for it.

The pkg-config file for alsa-lib has name alsa.pc. Check that the file
exists in the right directory. On my system it's
at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/alsa.pc. If I would have compiled
and installed alsa-lib myself from source, it would probably be
at /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/alsa.pc. If you're cross-compiling, the
right directory may be something else.