[pulseaudio-discuss] Brrr ... freeze imminent

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 03:11:52 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 15:21 +0200, Peter Meerwald wrote:
> Hello Arun,
> > I'm hoping to freeze master for 3.0 early next week, with a release in
> > 2-3 weeks after that if everything is quiet. Mostly, it's just pending
> > on me finishing with Peter's NEON patches. If there's anything that
> > needs to go into this release that is in your sekrit branches or on the
> > list and not been given attention, now's the time to holler!
> what approach are we taking w.r.t ARM NEON patches?
> compile-time check vs. runtime check + separate build of NEON code?

I'm tending towards building the code in a .S separately as Rémi
suggests and selecting the right function at run-time. We probably will
need a configure-time option to enable compiling the code in at all, but
it'll allow us to have a single binary for multiple architectures, which
should be useful to binary ARM distros.

-- Arun

More information about the pulseaudio-discuss mailing list