[pulseaudio-discuss] a question about audio synchronization between local sink and tunnel sink

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat Oct 27 00:56:30 PDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-27 at 01:46 +0000, Sun, Xiaodong wrote:
> Tanu,
>
> Thanks for your detailed explanation of sink-input. I am clear of it
> now.
> In term of the solution, what else would you like to suggest me to try
> from system point of view? It seems only changing module-combine-sink
> module is not a feasible solution.

Why not? The blocker problem seems to be that module-tunnel reports the
latency wrong, and I suggested a fix for that: avoid the
pa_sink_render() call in module-tunnel.c until the latency information
is available. pop_cb() in module-combine-sink.c is called by
pa_sink_render(), so if pa_sink_render() is called only when the latency
information is correct, then the latency information will always be
correct also in pop_cb().