[pulseaudio-discuss] strange pulse / jack behaviour

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Oct 29 17:16:18 PDT 2012

On Tue, October 30, 2012 8:54 am, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> On Tue, October 30, 2012 8:22 am, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>
>> It looks like the real issue is that the packager for jackd2
>> didn't compile with dbus support.
>>
>> I'll see if I can track them down and discuss with them on why they are
>> doing that. Unless someone here knows already.
>>

> I can see that jackdbus support was compiled into jackd2 from the
> dependencies for the package and I can also see that
> module-jackdbus-connect is loaded with
>
>     pacmd list-modules
>
> So, any thoughts on why the dbus module is not kicking in?
>
> pulseaudio 2.0
> jackdmp 1.9.9 (jackd2)

Enabling the "enable dbus" setting in the "misc" tab for qjackctl allows
module-jackdbus-detect to do it's thing except now I get this error:

++++
Failed to acquire device name : Audio0 error : Method "RequestRelease"
with signature "i" on interface "org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1" doesn't
exist
Audio device hw:0 cannot be acquired..
++++

It seems there are no definitive solutions for this online so perhaps
someone here can enlighten me?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd