[pulseaudio-discuss] Brrr ... freeze imminent

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 20:46:37 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-23 at 13:45 +0300, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-10-23 at 15:40 +0530, Arun Raghavan wrote:
[...]
> The list is much longer than what I anticipated when I wrote "I'd like
> to get them in 3.0". Here's a list of "serious" bug fixes, they could be
> prioritized for 3.0:
>
> memblockq: Fix the order of setting minreq and prebuf.

This one looked okay to me, so please go ahead and push it out.

> pasuspender: Resume before exiting in case of SIGINT or fork() failure.

Not done a full review of this.

> resampler: Make sure that there are no overflows when multiplying potentially big numbers.
> loopback: Use the real sample spec once it's known.
> loopback: Don't fix the source output format/rate/channels.
> virtual-surround-sink: Fix setting max_request and max_rewind.

Reviewed and acked.

> sink: Process rewind requests also when suspended.

Since this is pretty intrusive, I'd rather do this post 3.0.

> combine: Keep the timer active in the null mode only when running.
> match: Use the SINK_INPUT_FIXATE hook instead of NEW.

Reviewed and acked.

> build: Add a2dp-codecs.h to libbluetooth-util sources.

I pushed this out.

> I think "make distcheck" doesn't work without that last patch...
>
> These would be nice too, since we need them in Mer and Nemo (they are
> currently shipped as patches on top of v2.1, but I'd really like to
> minimize the amount of patches):
>
> Propagate the PA_{SINK, SOURCE}_LATENCY flag changes through a chain of filter sinks/sources.
> Propagate the PA_{SINK, SOURCE}_DYNAMIC_LATENCY flag changes through a chain of filter sinks/sources.
> sink, source: Really set the fixed latency in set_fixed_latency_within_thread(), always.

I'd like to defer these as well, since they are a bit intrusive.

> > > Are we going to make a pavucontrol release too? Here's one patch for
> > > pavucontrol:
> > >
> > > Enable Automake's silent-rules option.
> >
> > If that's the only one, I'm not to keen on a new release.
>
> There is also some other, already committed stuff:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pavucontrol/log/

Ah, indeed. Could you go ahead and push that? We'll roll a new
pavucontrol tarball with the release as well.

-- Arun