[pulseaudio-discuss] FW: usb headset microphone will not work with pulseaudio

John Frankish j-frankish at slb.com
Mon Oct 29 23:59:39 PDT 2012

> > > OK - I'll take a look. Note that the usb headset works fine on this
> > > machine under win7
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1071854
> > usb_set_interface failed (-32)
>

> cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth ...

I looked around and found a couple of kernel patches that "fixed the issue in most cases"

http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=131973404328622

and "Fix a regression that was introduced by commit" on ehci-sched.c

..but both these kernel patches have been applied to the 3.0.21 kernel I'm using on both the dell e6220 and the mac mini

Does anybody have a suggestion as to what else I could try?