[pulseaudio-discuss] help with audio pipe / monitor

B Berteh berteh at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 04:48:30 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'd like to configure my pulse audio (on ubuntu precise)to bridge over different conferencing software. I've seen various approaches online (pactl null sink, monitors...) and wonder what would be the best way to do it.

The audio sources are Google Hangout (WEBRTC playStream), Skype (Input),  and my internal (analog) microphone.
The audio outputs are similarly Hangout (WEBRTC  recStream), Skype (Output), and my internal analog headphones.

I want, in the end, something I'd call a full duplex setup, where each audio out gets the two other audio ins relayed, e.a.
Skype Output would get mic+hangout playStream,Hangout recStream would get mic+Skype out, and
my headphones would get Skype input + Hangout playStream.
I'm not very familiar yet with pulseaudio, but any suggestion would be really appreciated. I'm comfortable with the pavucontrol, paprefs, paman tools, don't know much about the pulse command lines yet.

Have a nice day,
Berteh.