[pulseaudio-discuss] [alsa-devel] Channel map API patches: to be 3.7 or not to be?

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 03:46:32 PDT 2012

> > How about those sound card which use multi plugin for multi channels
(e.g.
> > emu10k1 , c0106 and cs4630) as they can also provide a rear or clfe
device
> > for independent stereo playback ?
>
> The case of emu10k1 is a bit difficult, as the routing is completely
> dynamic and determined in alsa-lib plugin.  So, my plan for this case
> is to provide the chmap override in the alsa-lib config definition for
> emu10k1 surrounds.

But the routing of device 0 "hw" is not as same as front device since the
driver pan the output to both front and rear jacks (upmixing).

Does all pcm devices support channel map ?

How about those 16 channels multichannel playback and capture devices ?

card 0: Live [SB Live! Platinum [CT4760P]], device 2: emu10k1 efx
[Multichannel Capture/PT Playback]
  Subdevices: 8/8

card 0: Live [SB Live! Platinum [CT4760P]], device 3: emu10k1 [Multichannel
Playback]
  Subdevices: 1/1

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****

card 0: Live [SB Live! Platinum [CT4760P]], device 2: emu10k1 efx
[Multichannel Capture/PT Playback]
  Subdevices: 1/1

BTW. It seem that the patch for USB audio is still missing as some USB card
support 5.1/7.1