[pulseaudio-discuss] Mono Upmixing Only

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 01:00:57 PDT 2013

David Henningsson <david.henningsson at canonical.com> wrote:

> I think the primary objection was not that there was a use case or need
> for the mono-upmix-only option. The objection was mostly that having a
> "enable-remixing = no" option that actually did remixing would be quite
> confusing.

> http://www.sersc.org/journals/IJSIP/vol2_no4/7.pdf

Good document, thanks. And independent from Dolby. And describes more than one upmixing method.

So, can we call the following proposal a consensus?

1. Rename the enable-remixing options to something (e.g. remixing-method) that does not look boolean. Obviously, rename its values.

2. If there is still time, propose the implementation of all upmixing methods described in that paper as a GSoC project.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
Sent from Nokia N900