[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC v2 00/15] bluetooth: BlueZ 5 development patches

João Paulo Rechi Vita jprvita at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:59:54 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Mikel Astiz <mikel.astiz.oss at gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Mikel Astiz <mikel.astiz at bmw-carit.de>
>
> I resubmit this patchset as-is after updating it according to the latest upstream changes.

I've been testing this series for about one month now, while
developing the HFP-oFono suport and it seems to be working quite well.
I've also done some tests receiving A2DP streaming from a remote
device.

I've reviewed the code and I'm sending comments on the patches where applicable.

> The patchset has been hanging around for a while and several efforts exist that depend on this series, so it seems we should merge this despite the existing discussions about how different backends (BlueZ 4, BlueZ 5, oFono, etc.) should be supported inside PulseAudio (next big patchset in the pipeline).
>
> The last patch makes less sense right now (given that the Media API will not be used for HSP/HFP) but I'm sending the whole series for the sake of completeness.
>
> Mikel Astiz (14):
>   bluetooth: Detect BlueZ 5
>   bluetooth: Parse the tree returned by ObjectManager
>   bluetooth: Support ObjectManager interface add/remove
>   bluetooth: Support Properties.PropertiesChanged signal
>   bluetooth: Handle transports configured before UUID received
>   bluetooth: BlueZ 5 interface rename to org.bluez.MediaEndpoint1
>   bluetooth: BlueZ 5 interface rename to org.bluez.Media1
>   bluetooth: BlueZ 5 interface rename to org.bluez.MediaTransport1
>   bluetooth: Parse media transport's properties
>   bluetooth: Support media transport's State property
>   bluetooth: Update to new BlueZ 5 transport acquire/release API
>   bluetooth: Support transport auto-release
>   bluetooth: Update to new property setter API in BlueZ 5
>   bluetooth: Update to volume control in BlueZ 5
>
> Vinicius Costa Gomes (1):
>   bluetooth: Add HFP 1.6 codec ID
>
>  src/modules/bluetooth/bluetooth-util.c          | 573 ++++++++++++++++++++++--
>  src/modules/bluetooth/module-bluetooth-device.c |   8 +-
>
> --
> 1.8.1.4

João Paulo Rechi Vita
http://about.me/jprvita