[pulseaudio-discuss] Intro and Idea on GSoC

PrasannaKumar Muralidharan prasannatsmkumar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 02:08:14 PDT 2013

On 17 April 2013 22:47, Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:

> I'm afraid this is a deal-breaker. GSoC students are expected to work
> full-time for three months, and I don't see good reasons to make
> exceptions. (Why would anyone work full-time if part-time is accepted
> too?)

Thanks Tanu for sharing your views.

If org accepts working full-time or part-time then it is not a problem
for Google / GSoC. I guess it is all about meeting the GSoC goal,
doing valuable contribution and becoming a long term contributor and
not about working full-time or part-time. It is up to the organisation
(yourself and other PA members) to accept / reject my proposal as you
see fit but assuming I will not be selected even without trying did
not look good from my perspective. So I am just giving a try. If a
better person than me cannot be found / if a slot is available then I
don't find any problem in selecting me even if I work part-time (the
chances may be very less but I don't want to assume the chance to be 0
and just move on without giving a try). I will be happy with whatever
decision is taken regarding my participation (after all some one else
will do the work and I will be getting benefit out of it as an user).

In short felt like giving a try is not going to hurt even if chances
of my selection is less.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasanna Kumar