[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound not working

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 08:35:40 PST 2013

>Your problem is not pulseaudio, it's your audio system below that. And by attacking pulseaudio developers >or me (I am a pulseaudio user and linux system administrator, no developer) you will not change that.

I didn't attack pulseaudio developers.  I only suggested that they create a trouble-shooting page for people to solve simple problems like playing music files.

>Remember the blocked street and the car manufacturer.

Her's a better analogy.  You purchase a brand new car from Ford.  And the engine won't work because the camshaft was completely worn down.  When you take it to the Ford dealer, they say "Sorry, the problem is with the quality of steel used in the engine design.  This problem is below Ford.  We don't make steel.  Go talk to the steel manufacturer."  This is exactly what you told me to do.

Thanks for trying to help.