[pulseaudio-discuss] Issue with multiple hdmi codecs in radeonhd, hacked to work

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 04:20:04 PST 2013

are these mini display port ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_DisplayPort

strange that only two ports are available

>> Active Profile: output:hdmi-surround-extra0
>>     Ports:
>>         hdmi-output-0: HDMI / DisplayPort (priority: 5900, latency
>> offset: 0 usec, available)
>>             Properties:
>>                 device.icon_name = "video-display"
>>             Part of profile(s): output:hdmi-surround-extra0
>>         hdmi-output-3: HDMI / DisplayPort 4 (priority: 5600, latency
>> offset: 0 usec, available)
>>             Properties:
>>                 device.icon_name = "video-display"
>>             Part of profile(s): output:hdmi-surround-extra3
>>

>>>  Do pulseaudio server select null sink or hdmi.monitor as the default
>>>>
>>> The way I read it in the log hdmi.monitor:
>>> 7700/7800 Series] Digital Surround 5.1 (HDMI 0)"
>>> "device.class = "monitor""
>>>

>> pactl stat

is these emulated ELD since monitor name, manufacture id, product id are
absent ?

>> No idea
>
>> did you find your hdmi monitor/TV 's EDID in graphic driver ?
>>
>> I found this:
> [     7.987] (II) RADEON(0): EDID for output HDMI-0
> [     7.987] (II) RADEON(0): Manufacturer: DON  Model: 26  Serial#:
> 16843009
> [     7.987] (II) RADEON(0): Year: 2011  Week: 0
> [     7.987] (II) RADEON(0): EDID Version: 1.3

you have to post  raw EDID of your HDMI monitor

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/edid-decode/plain/edid-decode.c

are you using latest alsa-driver ?

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda/patch_hdmi.c?id=89250f84644676c1ed6a09acef1033e14596a402

did you configure alsa-driver --with-debug=full ?

post the output of six eld in /proc/asound/card0/

are monitor_present =1 and eld_valid = 1 for all six eld ?

monitor_present         1
eld_valid               1