[pulseaudio-discuss] Playing audion on TV through HDMI cable with mplayer

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 12 10:11:35 PST 2013

>Then your distribution's pulseaudio is too old and does not support

>cards with multiple HDMI devices. Such old distributions are not
>recommended for general desktop usage.
>
>If this doesn't help, then please change your linux distribution to
>something less broken.

Thanks for your help and I will try those things.

My Linux distribution is fairly new.  I'm running CentOS 6.4 which was released in March
this year. The latest version of CentOS is 6.5, so I'm only behind by 0.1.  And CentOS
is a clone of Red Hat, which is one of the most popular Linux distros.

Do you think the fact that I can't run pavucontrol as a regular user has anything
to do with it?