[pulseaudio-discuss] Playing audion on TV through HDMI cable with mplayer

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 12 13:27:25 PST 2013

>Don't try. The instructions won't work with PulseAudio 0.9.x.

Okay.  Thanks for the warning.  Actually, even though we didn't figure
out the soultion, your posts were very helpful for me in many ways.  Thanks again.

Maybe I will try a non-enterprise distro.  I used Fedora for years
but the problem with Fedora is they drop support after 12 months.

Here are the workarounds I'm thinking of

1) remove pulseaudio.  I really don't need all the functionality of mixed
audio from multiple sources, or playing audio across a network.  Is it
generally possible to remove pulseaudio and use only alsa?

2) Use an analog cable from the PC to the LCD TV.