[pulseaudio-discuss] "The Perfect Setup" page is confusing

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Fri Dec 13 22:01:03 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 15:20 +0100, Damir Jelić wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 03:50:22PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> > The documentation:
> >
> >   http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User
> >
> > Has a link to the "Perfect Setup":
> >
> >   After doing your first steps with PulseAudio you might want to
> >   know everything about the perfect setup.
> >
> > The URL it points to is:
> >

> > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/PerfectSetup/
> >
> > That page only contains a link to a "pulseaudio-patch.patch":
> >

> > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/PerfectSetup/pulseaudio-patch.patch
> >
> > This is very confusing. Is that patch some kind of "perfect setup?"
> >

> The page is brokens since freedesktop.org moved to the ikiwiki
> engine[1]. I don't know if we can rescue it or if we should write a new
> one.

I updated the page to be less confusing. If someone finds the old
contents and wants to put them back, feel free to do so. I'm not
personally very enthusiastic about that, however, because the wiki page
wasn't actively maintained.

> [1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2013-March/016510.html

The situation is a bit better than described in that mail. It's possible
to get new wiki accounts, see
http://wiki.freedesktop.org/sitewranglers/wiki/401/ for instructions.