[pulseaudio-discuss] How to *record* application without actually playing the sound?

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Sun Dec 15 09:42:12 PST 2013

Hello,

it is no problem to record the sound, played by an application, but I
still have to "listen to this sound". If I mute the application, I can't
record it.

Is it possible to, for example, create some kind of "dummy soundcard" to
let the application play on this device allowing me to record it without
having to listen to the playback?

The idea is to decode DRM radio received by an SDR device. I want the
decoder application to "record" the digital DRM stream but only want to
listen to the decoded audio.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings,

Manuel