[pulseaudio-discuss] Playing audion on TV through HDMI cable with mplayer

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 09:18:28 PST 2013

>Maybe mplayer in CentOS has been compiled without pulseaudio support.

>In this case, please use mplayer -ao alsa:device=default

I compiled mplayer myself.  I will look into this.

>And if it does not work, then please get a supported-here distribution. Really.

You say that as if re-installing Linux and changing to another distribution is
a trivial thing.  In reality, that means learning a whole new Window Manager,
and new Package Manager, and on top of that, re-installing and re-configuring
all the software so that simple things work.  Maybe in Windows, or on a Mac,
this is trivial.  In Linux, this usually takes weeks before everything works.

What is the danger in using the mplayer command that already works?