[pulseaudio-discuss] Heads up: Less involvement with PulseAudio next year

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Dec 19 05:25:33 PST 2013

As some of you already know, I will be working part time only for
Canonical during most of next year. This will mean that my time for
PulseAudio upstream work will be extremely limited and kept to a minimum.

In particular, I will not have the time to try to guide/review Tanu's
routing system from now on, sorry. I've tried to refocus Tanu to provide
a solution in small steps; where every new step solves another practical
problem for our users, instead of building a mountain of infrastructure
first, and think of what problems it would solve later.
I don't think I've succeeded very well in this quest; as we still have
50+ patches so far, that don't seem to practically solve anything. So
maybe it's time to leave that ball in some other person's ball park anyhow.

That said; all of us should take a well deserved break next week;
regardless of whether you believe in Christ, the flying spaghetti
monster, or nothing at all, and come back with renewed strength next
year. I think we all could need it, at least I know I do.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic