[pulseaudio-discuss] Stream sound over network

Daniel windseeker at gmx.de
Tue Dec 24 06:42:56 PST 2013

Well if you want to play a movie locally and have the sound routed via
network to some other device AND STILL BE IN SYNC with the video, I don't
see any way with any technique I know.

Some advanced players allow you to delay the video, but still that means
you would need the delay to be 100% predictable and 100% stable. No way
IMHO.