[pulseaudio-discuss] Progress since PulseConf

Dmitri Paduchikh dpaduchikh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 06:27:15 PST 2013

David Henningsson wrote:

> === Better drain/underrun reporting ===

>  * No work so far; and I can reiterate that it feels like it's quite far
> down on the priority list. Do you agree or should I try to start working on
> this (compared to other stuff)?

This may help to alleviate some synchronization problems without having
to set latency to very low values. I already told about my case
here [1], but this feature may probably be useful for some games and
video playing as well (synchronization of audio and video streams comes
to mind). And couldn't the problems with Skype which have been recently
mentioned on this list [2] also be related to this issue? Just a guess.
I may be mistaken but this feature seems worthwhile.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/pulseaudio-discuss@lists.freedesktop.org/msg05921.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/pulseaudio-discuss@lists.freedesktop.org/msg05945.html

--
With best regards