[pulseaudio-discuss] Force re-discovery of network Pulse servers?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Jan 2 05:24:21 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-01 at 19:24 +0000, Dom H wrote:
> If I power off a machine on my network it obviously disappears from the
> list of available output devices on any other machines on the network. The
> problem is, if I power the machine back on, the other machines won't
> re-discover it so I can't then send any audio output to it. Is there a way
> around this? Preferably without the use of root.

Are you using module-zeroconf-discover for finding the remote devices on
the network? Reloading the devices would be the responsibility of
module-zeroconf-discover, but I'm not sure if it supports it currently.
If it doesn't support it, then I'm not aware of any simple solutions
(non-simple solutions would include you fixing module-zeroconf-discover
or writing some script for doing the work of module-zeroconf-discover
better).