[pulseaudio-discuss] jackdbus module, pulse fails to conform on device reservation API

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:44:15 PST 2013

On 3 December 2012 04:07, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/02/2012 11:42 PM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:

>> Thanks, I'm now able to reproduce the bug. I will try to find the root
>> cause.
>>
> Thanks Tanu! Let me know what we can do to help. Fedora is a release behind
> you guys for F18 (we will not be ugrading to 2.99 until F19 I believe), but
> Rex Dieter should not have too many problems with backporting bug fixes into
> 2.1. He also provides a repo for those wanting to try the latest pulseaudio
> but he hasn't updated it to 2.99 for F18. I will endeavour to take on a
> bigger role in diagnosing pulseaudio bugs with you guys from here on.

This single commit, between 2.99.1 and 2.99.2 seems to be what
prevents the problem in for this case. Applying it to Fedora's 2.1
package also fixes the problem, I guess the rate change may be one of
the cases that causes the self-request to happen.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?id=cd1102cce01e47645ed03ddf46a0a8b80d65fc9e

We could ask Rex to apply it in Fedora as a backport, but I suspect it
only avoids triggering the bug and is not the bug itself.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk