[pulseaudio-discuss] What is the state of play with HDMI sound output on cards with multiple output pins?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Jan 17 07:21:54 PST 2013

On 01/09/2013 07:29 PM, mikey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just come across the HDMI output problem on my Geforce GTX 660 Ti
> where I am unable to select the correct sound output for my monitor
> (which I believe are called pins) corresponding to the port I have my
> cable to my monitor connected into. I employed the first of the two
> workarounds detailed here:
>
> ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/gpu-hdmi-audio-document/gpu-hdmi-audio.html#_issues_in_pulseaudio
>
> And got it to work - all be it has created an extra card in my sound setup.
>
> While researching I found posts about this going back at least 2 years,
> including a recognition of the problem on this discussion group. As it
> stands, at least for me downstream on Fedora 17, the issue is still
> outstanding without a fix or a code based workaround (one for the user
> not by the user).
>
> So I was wondering where we stand with this?

It should be working since...1.0 I believe. Or possibly 2.0. We check
all four devices (see
/usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/extra-hdmi.conf).

If you're running 2.0 or later, and still have problems, please submit
your alsa-info.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic