[pulseaudio-discuss] module-jackdbus-detect options

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Jan 31 21:04:49 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 17:43 -0800, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Thu, January 31, 2013 4:59 pm, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 11:20:35AM EST, Len Ovens wrote:
> >> From
> >> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Modules#module-jackdbus-detect
> >>
> >> I should be able to set auto connect and number of channels. I am
> >> testing
> >> this on UbuntuStudio 13.04 Alpha. Pulseaudio 2.1.
> >>
> >> In /etc/pulse/default.pa:
> >>
> >> load-module module-jackdbus-detect connect=no
> >>
> >> works as expected, but:
> >>
> >> load-module module-jackdbus-detect channels=2
> >>
> >> Gives:
> >>
> >> Jan 31 15:43:02 studio1304 pulseaudio[6338]: [pulseaudio]
> >> module-jackdbus-detect.c: Failed to parse module arguments
> >> Jan 31 15:43:02 studio1304 pulseaudio[6338]: [pulseaudio] module.c:
> >> Failed
> >> to load module "module-jackdbus-detect" (argument: "channels=2"):
> >> initialization failed.
> >
> > Does this also happen if you use PulseAudio 3.0? You can grab a copy from
> > the Ubuntu Audio Dev PPA at
> > https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive.
>
> Yes, everything is the same. I guess the Pulseaudio wiki documentation for
> this module is wrong.

The argument is there in the current development version of PulseAudio.
I have a (recently acquired) habit of going through the recent commits
looking for code changes that need documentation changes too, which is
why I've added the new "channels" argument to the wiki page already
before the feature is in any released PulseAudio version.

I guess it would be better if I didn't update the wiki immediately.
Instead of editing the wiki immediately, I could collect a list of
things to update, and do the updates only after the release is out.