[pulseaudio-discuss] controlling loqded ladspa plugin through d-bus?

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Thu Jul 4 22:49:12 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-07-04 at 21:54 +0200, Bram de Jong wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I managed to compile and run v3.99.2 (with bluetooth) on a raspberry pi.
> I have a LADSPA plugin running as a module like so:
>
> 24 module-ladspa-sink sink_name=ladspa_amp
> master=alsa_output.platform-bcm2835_AUD0.0.analog-stereo plugin=amp
> label=amp_stereo control=6
>
> Starting up d-feet I don't see any mention of pulse nor the ladspa
> plugin... Do I need to set up something specific (config?) to get
> access through d-bus? Or is it normal I don't see it in d-feet?

Yes, it's normal that you don't see anything in d-feet (or well, there
should be *something* from PulseAudio in the "Session Bus" tab, but
nothing ladspa related). PulseAudio doesn't use any bus for its D-Bus
interface; instead, clients should create direct peer-to-peer
connections. AFAIK, d-feet doesn't support peer-to-peer connections, it
always expects the other end to be a bus.