[pulseaudio-discuss] Crackling audio with Pulseaudio 4.0 and the simple Pulse API.

Luke Yelavich luke.yelavich at canonical.com
Tue Jul 16 17:39:29 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 08:05:46AM EST, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> > > PulseAudio 3.0 seems to work fine. I guess it's time for bisecting...
> >
> > This commit seems to break speech-dispatcher:
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?id=30ce3a14e5ae1cd316a18bec95b831c07ac57a1a
> >
> > I don't know yet what is wrong with the patch.
>
> Thanks very much for helping to track this down, You did experience the same bug as I have.

Ok, seems that the problem still persists, even with the revert applied to 4.0. Again, it comes and goes, which likely means that when you tested it after reverting that particular patch, the problem didn't show up. As I use my system now, the crackling is not present, but it could return at any time, and appears to do so if I haven't played any audio/used orca/speech-dispatcher for a certain period of time.

Luke