[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems with bluez-4.101 and pulseaudio-4.0

John Frankish j-frankish at slb.com
Sun Jul 28 21:12:49 PDT 2013

> > On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 15:19 +0000, John Frankish wrote:
> > It appears I spoke too soon - apart from this one occasion, I have
> > been unable to connect to Bluetooth headphones or headset using
> > blueman or gnome-bluetooth.
> >
> > gnome-bluetooth seems to come closest to connecting - see pulseaudio
> > -vv output below, but pavucontrol still does not show any Bluetooth
> > devices to allow me to use them for audio.
>
> The log looks fine, a sink gets created. pavucontrol should show that.
> If it doesn't, then something happens between the end of the pasted log
> and the time when you run pavucontrol.

I've tried this several times, each time following the same steps.

Sometimes pavucontrol shows Bluetooth devices and things work and sometimes it doesn't.

Note that this is with a "live" distro (tinycorelinux) so everything is reset to zero on reboot.

Anyway, thanks for the help - I think I'll leave things at that.

Regards
John