[pulseaudio-discuss] Failed to load Authorization key

Larry Wyble llwyble at suddenlink.net
Tue Jul 30 06:15:03 PDT 2013

Whenever I go to start pulseaudio I get the following errors:

W: [pulseaudio] authkey.c: Failed to open cookie file '/home/Larry/.config/pulse/cookie':
No such file or directory
W: [pulseaudio] authkey.c: Failed to load authorization key
'/home/Larry/.config/pulse/cookie': No such file or directory

I made sure that the directories exist, I deleted .esd_auth and started over, I made sure
I have pulseaudio in the passwd and group files. I don't know what else to do.

User ID:
pulse:x:216:216::/var/lib/pulse:/bin/bash

Group ID:
pulse:x:216:

Any help appreciated, Thanks