[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio Equalizer

Larry Wyble llwyble at suddenlink.net
Tue Jul 30 10:15:33 PDT 2013

I'm hearing impaired and really need to get the system wide equalizer working. Although
I'm not totally deaf I am extremely hard of hearing and being able to shape the sounds on
my computer are a great help. For music I have found several music players with EQ built
in but when I need to hear something coming across on a web page it becomes a problem.

Anyway, I digress.  LOL
SO I have installed both pulseaudio and pulseaudio-equalizer from git but I can't seem to
get a default.pa that works for me.

When I startup pulseaudio and then type this;   pacmd list-sinks|grep 'name:'   I get
this; name: <auto_null>

I'm getting no sink or something. Maybe my sink is stopped up.  :)
and if I add the following to the mix:

load-module module-equalizer-sink sink_name=equalized master=alsa_output set_default=true
set-default-sink equalized

it segfaults with;    module-equalizer-sink.c: Master sink not found, trying default

So any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks