[pulseaudio-discuss] Terratec Aureon surround40 missing?

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Tue Jun 11 03:36:36 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 20:07 +0300, Wille P. Salminen wrote:
> I'd need help to configure Terratec Aureon 5.1 MK2 USB card to downmix
> 5.1 to 4.0. I have tried this time to time on linux but never got it
> working. All the other variations shows up correctly (4.1, 5.0 and 5.1)
> but 4.0 is not even listed e.g. on pavucontrol GUI.
>
> I have created a new udev rule to ensure the same configuration is
> always used. Udev calls profile "terratec-aureon-51.conf". Currently
> there exists only two mappings: 4.0 and 4.1. And only 4.1 shows up
> correctly..

Does "speaker-test -D surround40:CARD=Aureon51MkII --channels=4" work?

If it doesn't, there's nothing PulseAudio can do. If it does, perhaps
the PulseAudio log would contain information about why the 4.0 profile
isn't made available. Instructions for getting the log:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio/Log