[pulseaudio-discuss] [pa-ucm] SIGABORT in ucm_get_modifiers

sajeesh sidharthan sajeesh.sidharthan at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 11:53:03 PDT 2013

Hello.

I have come across SIGABORT in pulse-ucm module.

SIGABORT
 happened due to freeing memory of uninitialized pointer in
ucm_get_modifiers(). If modifier list count is 0, alsa-ucm doesnt return
 error and doesnt allocate memory for modifier list.

In ucm_get_modifiers, mod_list is uninitialized and this leads to
freeing memory which is not allocated inside alsa-ucm, by calling
snd_use_case_free_list().

Please let me know if I can checkin the code to fix the crash./Sajeesh