[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse Audio 4.0 gets killed by 300 Hz tone...never recovers

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Mon Jun 24 16:23:43 PDT 2013

> I just provided the files to you via YouSendIt.  You should be receiving an
> e-mail with a link to them.  Thanks in advance for your help.

the mysterious 300HZ.wav is not a pure 300Hz tone;
it plays distorted (on ALSA and PA) because the signal is distorted

when you look at it in Audacity (Analyze -> Plot Spectrum) you see plenty
of frequency components besides 300Hz; you can generate a pure 300Hz tone
using Generate -> Tone and compare

I do not know why ALSA and PA sounds differently for you, it might be
resampling

regards, p.

--

Peter Meerwald