[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth devices no longer detected after upgrade from 2.0 to 4.0

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Thu Jun 27 04:31:53 PDT 2013

On 27.06.2013 08:22, Mikel Astiz wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Georg Chini <georg at chini.tk> wrote:
>> Hi Mikel,
>>

>> On 26.06.2013 16:54, Mikel Astiz wrote:
>>> Hi Georg,

>>> As a side suggestion, you probably want to use the profile
>>> availability to do this (if profile is available, it means 'playing').

>>> I think you hit a real issue here. I've experienced similar issues too
>>> at some point, but I can't reproduce it anymore.
>>>
>>> Can you tell us which exact states the source (assuming A2DP from the
>>> phone) and the source-output have? They should in theory be both in
>>> RUNNING state.
>> Sorry, I cannot find out. You can find a log of a complete session on
>> http://philipp.chini.tk/pulse/pulse-session.log
>> Maybe there is something useful in it. If not, please tell me how to get
>> the state of the source or what else I can do to locate the problem.
> You should use 'pactl list sources' and 'pactl list source-outputs',
> during the issue you describe about rewind requests.

All sources and source-outputs are in RUNNING state. The output
for the relevant module (now it's A2DP from the phone, so only one
module needed) looks like this:
     index: 6
         driver: <module-loopback.c>
         flags: START_CORKED
         state: RUNNING
         source: 2 <alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo>
         volume: 0: 100% 1: 100%
                 0: -0,00 dB 1: -0,00 dB
                 balance 0,00
         muted: yes
         current latency: 0,00 ms
         requested latency: 135,29 ms
         sample spec: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
         channel map: front-left,front-right
                      Stereo
         resample method: (null)
         owner module: 27
         properties:
                 media.role = "abstract"
                 module-stream-restore.id =
"source-output-by-media-role:abstract"
                 media.name = "Loopback to Internes Audio Analog Stereo"
                 media.icon_name = "audio-card-pci"

Maybe the "resample method: (null)" is the problem?

Regards
              Georg