[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth devices no longer detected after upgrade from 2.0 to 4.0

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Thu Jun 27 23:35:16 PDT 2013

On 28.06.2013 08:23, Mikel Astiz wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Georg Chini <georg at chini.tk> wrote:
>> On 27.06.2013 08:22, Mikel Astiz wrote:
>>> Hi Georg,

>>> You should use 'pactl list sources' and 'pactl list source-outputs',
>>> during the issue you describe about rewind requests.
>>>
>> All sources and source-outputs are in RUNNING state. The output
>> for the relevant module (now it's A2DP from the phone, so only one
>> module needed) looks like this:
>>      index: 6
>>          driver: <module-loopback.c>
>>          flags: START_CORKED
>>          state: RUNNING
> This looks good. Have you checked if the bar in pavucontrol shows some
> audio corresponding to this source?
>
>>          source: 2 <alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo>
>>          volume: 0: 100% 1: 100%
>>                  0: -0,00 dB 1: -0,00 dB
>>                  balance 0,00
>>          muted: yes
> Is it muted?

Yes.

>>          current latency: 0,00 ms
>>          requested latency: 135,29 ms
>>          sample spec: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
>>          channel map: front-left,front-right
>>                       Stereo
>>          resample method: (null)
>>          owner module: 27
>>          properties:
>>                  media.role = "abstract"
>>                  module-stream-restore.id =
>> "source-output-by-media-role:abstract"
>>                  media.name = "Loopback to Internes Audio Analog Stereo"
>>                  media.icon_name = "audio-card-pci"
>>
>> Maybe the "resample method: (null)" is the problem?
> No, I don't think the resample method is relevant here. It also shows
> as null for me, and the audio just works.
>
> Cheers,
> Mikel
Hi Mikel,

after having a look at the logs again, the problem seems to be that the
loopback
module still tries to receive/deliver data from/to a device that does no
longer exist:

Jun 26 14:54:19 silvie-pc pulseaudio[4866]: [alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog] module-loopback.c: Could not peek into queue
Jun 26 14:54:19 silvie-pc pulseaudio[4866]: [alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog] module-loopback.c: Requesting rewind due to end of underrun.
Jun 26 14:54:19 silvie-pc pulseaudio[4866]: [alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog] module-loopback.c: Requesting rewind due to end of underrun.
Jun 26 14:54:19 silvie-pc pulseaudio[4866]: [alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog] module-loopback.c: Requesting rewind due to end of underrun.
Jun 26 14:54:19 silvie-pc pulseaudio[4866]: [alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog] module-loopback.c: Requesting rewind due to end of underrun.

This is long after the the source/sink have changed to the default sound card and I think
"alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog" is the bluetooth device (which is no longer available).
Should the loopback module not forget about its history when source/sink are moved?

Regards
        Georg