[pulseaudio-discuss] Accessing all the channels of a 10 channel card

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Tue May 7 03:40:34 PDT 2013

I have an M-Audio Delta 1010, which has 8 analog + 2 digital ins, and
that many again outs. I'm looking for a way to use all of them through
pulseaudio.

I know I can edit default.pa and load alsa-sink and set a channel map
manually. Unfortunately, this also means disabling module-udev-detect,
or letting it detect the same card again, which seems to cause all sorts
of confusion to Ubnutu 12.10.

I see pavucontrol has a configuration tab, and for my 1010 there are
over a dozen options, like "Analog Stereo Duplex" and "Analog Surround
5.0 Output + Analog Stereo Input". But, none of these allow access to
all 10 output channels, and none have the channel map I want.