[pulseaudio-discuss] Problem with USB sound card - clicks and pops on re-open

Christian Iversen chrivers at iversen-net.dk
Mon May 13 14:19:15 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-13 05:41, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-05-12 at 17:18 +0200, Christian Iversen wrote:
> [...]
>> Is there any way to have pulseaudio keep the device open at all times?
>> Or some other way to debug this?
>
> Disable the loading of module-suspend-on-idle in /etc/pulse/default.pa.
> I'm assuming you don't care about the resulting power consumption. :)

Ah, there is was! :)

Well, that's great. Thanks!

I don't think the Scarlett 2i2 really supports any meaningful power save
mode anyway. It's quite a low-power soundcard to begin with (powered
entirely by the USB bus).

Anyway, even with the official driver for windows, this card has
terrible clicks and pops when starting up from suspend (or power off).

Does module-suspend-on-idle have a blacklist? It should! And this card
should be on it.

What does pa use for identifying backends? I mean, if I wanted to
blacklist certain modules for a specific PCI or USB id, is that
something that is reasonably easy to do?

--
Med venlig hilsen
Christian Iversen