[pulseaudio-discuss] The module "module-suspend-on-idle" sounds optional, but is strictly required

Christian Iversen chrivers at iversen-net.dk
Tue May 21 06:58:14 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-21 15:36, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 16:06 +0300, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
>> On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 14:58 +0200, Christian Iversen wrote:
>>> So my question to this list: Is module-suspend-on-idle really a
>>> requirement? How difficult would this be to fix?
>>
>> Already fixed in the "next" branch :)
>
> And jfyi, since you expressed interest in fixing it, the commit is:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?h=next&id=cb1ef3c211a90e4ead4738c1059054d6e44d50d9

Ah, good to hear!

It was interesting reading the patch. I think I understand the problem
now. Without the suspend-on-idle module, there's no hook that fires
pa_sink_suspend(s, FALSE, ...) after the rate update, because the module
is not listening.

Whereas in this patch, a new cause flag is implemented and used, so A)
the module will not react to it, and B) it is taken care of outside of
the suspend-on-idle module.

Is that basically correct?

--
Med venlig hilsen