[pulseaudio-discuss] skype sound effects create a buzzing noise

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Thu May 23 10:22:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

this was annoying me long enough that I have decided to investigate.
Basically, I am using skype-4.2 and pulseaudio-2.1 on fedora 18 x86_64.
Whenever skype produces a sound event (incoming message bleep, logging
in sound), buzzing noise will occur. This is especially prominent when
playing a song in the background. I have looked at the log and the error
message seems to be this:

D: [alsa-sink] memblock.c: Pool full
D: [alsa-sink] memblock.c: Pool full
D: [alsa-sink] memblock.c: Pool full

I have attached a full log. I know that PA 2.1 is really old now, but
Fedora seems to be having hard time aligning with PA releases these days.

Best regards,
Julian