[pulseaudio-discuss] Possible bug in pa_sink_input_request_rewind

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 09:18:42 PST 2013

Hello.

In pa_sink_input_request_rewind, nbytes == 0 means "rewind as far as
possible". However, I think I have found (by code inspection) a case
where it is not honored. The case is where
i->thread_info.rewrite_nbytes is already non-zero due to a prior
rewind request.

In this case, nbytes will be set to i->thread_info.rewrite_nbytes (a
non-zero value) and thus the later test for nbytes <= 0 will fail.
BTW, the "<=" is misleading, as nbytes is unsigned.

No patch yet, as I should not create patches at night.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov